By Fredrik Lundh
Python ordinary Library is a vital advisor for severe Python programmers. Python is a modular language that imports most valuable operations from the traditional library (basic help modules; working process interfaces; community protocols; dossier codecs; info conversions; threads and strategies; and knowledge storage). you cannot rather software in Python with no utilizing it. during this booklet, writer Fredrik Lundh, writer of the Python Imaging Library (PIL), offers demonstrated, exact documentation of all of the modules within the Python average Library, in addition to over three hundred annotated instance scripts utilizing the modules. Python commonplace Library renders this helpful info in a fresh, easy-to-read structure, but does not speak all the way down to readers. This actual and whole reference documentation is for the Python programmer who wishes the proof and little else. The booklet relies at the author's paintings with the Python newsgroup: he reviewed greater than 2500 questions and solutions to that newsgroup on the way to ensure the e-book lined what Python clients fairly desired to be aware of. An past model of this e-book has been to be had electronically for over a yr, so the fabric has been verified by means of Python programmers in real-life functions. This model of Python typical Library covers the entire new modules and comparable details for Python 2.0, the 1st new significant unlock of Python in 4 years.
Read Online or Download Python Standard Library (Nutshell Handbooks) PDF
Best python books
Achieve a primary knowing of Python's syntax and contours with the second one variation of starting Python, an up–to–date creation and sensible reference. overlaying a wide range of Python–related programming issues, together with addressing language internals, database integration, community programming, and net prone, you'll be guided by means of sound improvement rules.
Powerful, versatile, and simple to take advantage of, Python is a perfect language for development software program instruments and purposes for all times technological know-how examine and improvement. This certain publication indicates you the way to software with Python, utilizing code examples taken without delay from bioinformatics. very quickly, you'll be utilizing subtle suggestions and Python modules which are rather powerful for bioinformatics programming.
Bioinformatics Programming utilizing Python is ideal for somebody concerned with bioinformatics -- researchers, aid employees, scholars, and software program builders drawn to writing bioinformatics functions. You'll locate it beneficial no matter if you already use Python, write code in one other language, or haven't any programming event in any respect. It's an outstanding self-instruction software, in addition to a convenient reference while dealing with the demanding situations of real-life programming tasks.
* get to grips with Python's basics, together with how one can increase uncomplicated purposes
* find out how to use Python modules for development matching, based textual content processing, on-line information retrieval, and database entry
* realize generalized styles that hide a wide percentage of the way Python code is utilized in bioinformatics
* tips on how to follow the rules and strategies of object-oriented programming
* enjoy the "tips and traps" part in each one bankruptcy
A absolutely Revised variation that includes New fabric on Coroutines, Debugging, checking out, Parsing, String Formatting, and extra
Python three is the simplest model of the language but: it's extra strong, handy, constant, and expressive than ever earlier than. Now, best Python programmer Mark Summerfield demonstrates how one can write code that takes complete benefit of Python 3's positive aspects and idioms. Programming in Python three, moment variation, brings jointly all of the wisdom you must write any application, use any average or third-party Python three library, and create new library modules of your own.
Summerfield attracts on his decades of Python adventure to proportion deep insights into Python three improvement you won't locate anyplace else. He starts off through illuminating Python's "beautiful heart": the 8 key parts of Python you want to write strong, high-performance courses. development on those middle parts, he introduces new issues designed to reinforce your useful expertise-one thought and hands-on instance at a time. assurance comprises
* constructing in Python utilizing procedural, objectoriented, and sensible programming paradigms
* developing customized applications and modules
* Writing and analyzing binary, textual content, and XML documents, together with non-compulsory compression, random entry, and textual content and XML parsing
* Leveraging complex info kinds, collections, regulate constructions, and services
* Spreading application workloads throughout a number of procedures and threads
* Programming SQL databases and key--value DBM records
* Debugging techniques-and utilizing try out pushed improvement to prevent insects within the first position
* using Python's ordinary expression mini-language and module
* Parsing options, together with the right way to use the third-party PyParsing and PLY modules
* construction usable, effective, GUI-based purposes
* complex programming thoughts, together with turbines, functionality and sophistication decorators, context managers, descriptors, summary base sessions, metaclasses, coroutines, and extra
Programming in Python three, moment variation, serves as either educational and language reference. It assumes a few previous programming adventure, and is observed by way of huge downloadable instance code-all of it demonstrated with Python three on home windows, Linux, and Mac OS X. This version covers Python three. zero and three. 1, and because of the Python language moratorium it's also legitimate for Python three. 2 which has a similar language as Python three. 1.
- Learning Cython Programming
- Guide to Learning Python Decorators
- Testing Python: Applying Unit Testing, TDD, BDD and Acceptance Testing
- Python Data Visualization Cookbook (2nd Edition)
- Learning Python
- Learn Python the Hard Way (1st Edition)
Extra info for Python Standard Library (Nutshell Handbooks)
Python Standard Library: Core Modules 1-47 The operator module This module provides a "functional" interface to the standard operators in Python. The functions in this module can be used instead of some lambda constructs, when processing data with functions like map and filter. They are also quite popular among people who like to write obscure code, for obvious reasons. UserList()) # instance
Group(1, 2, 3) ('10', '15', '99') The search function searches for the pattern inside the string. It basically tries the pattern at every possible characters position, starting from the left, and returns a match object as soon it has found a match. If the pattern doesn't match anywhere, it returns None. group(0) print date 10 25 95 10 25 95 10/25/95 Python Standard Library: Core Modules 1-44 The sub function can be used to replace patterns with another string. sub("\S+", "-BEEP-", text) you're no entertaining anymore...
In other words, without having to deal with forward and backward slashes, colons, and whatnot. basename(filename)) using nt ... split => ('my/little', 'pony') splitext => ('my/little/pony', '') dirname => my/little basename => pony join => my/little\pony Note that split only splits off a single item. ismount(file): print "ISMOUNT", print . /directory/file => /directory/file => ISABS Python Standard Library: Core Modules 1-35 The expanduser function treats a user name shortcut in the same way as most modern Unix shells (it doesn't work well on Windows).