By Paizo Inc.
Because the starting, humans have informed tales of the monsters that stalk the evening, lurking simply past the city wall or the village’s aspect. those are the creatures of fantasy and legend that experience stood the attempt of time, that have entered daily language and remained cultural touchstones for millions of years. Now the Pathfinder Roleplaying video game is going attempting to find 10 of those vintage monsters, culled from one of the maximum tales ever told.
Mythical Monsters Revisited explores the lives and societies of the main recognized monsters of all time, drawn from the mythology of the traditional Greeks, Egyptians, Aztecs, and others. each one monster access gains an in depth ecology exploring the creature’s biology and tradition, notes at the monster’s real-world heritage, tips about how top to make use of the beast on your online game, unique overviews of the monster’s function within the Pathfinder crusade environment, and more.
Inside this ebook, you’ll locate monsters like:
• Medusas, the snake-headed banes of historical Greece, who flip their enemies to stone with a glance.
• Hydras, the many-headed serpents that develop new heads for every one they lose.
• 4 forms of sphinxes, from the riddle-loving gynosphinxes to the philosophical androsphinxes, the goat-headed criosphinxes, and the evil hawk-headed hieracosphinxes.
• Harpies, the feral winged ladies whose siren songs trap adventurers to slaughter.
• Phoenixes, who're reborn from their very own ashes.
• Couatls, the feathered serpents of Aztec delusion who function messengers and servants of benevolent gods.
• different old terrors comparable to flesh-hungry wendigos, three-headed chimeras, leonine griffons, and the horrifyingly clever sea monsters referred to as krakens.
Mythical Monsters Revisited is meant to be used with the Pathfinder Roleplaying online game and Pathfinder crusade environment, yet can simply be utilized in any fable video game surroundings.
Read Online or Download Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Mythical Monsters Revisited PDF
Best gaming books
Ebook by means of Glass, Gary, Maxwell, invoice
Ebook via Steele, Lisa
The Rival advisor offers 10 totally designated rival adventuring teams, whole with really good spells, gear, magic goods, and weird minions. those teams disguise a variety of subject matters, from haunted pirates to drow loss of life cultists, titanic slavers to nigh-unstoppable arch-villains, and masses, even more!
- Dictionary of Basic Joseki, Volume 1 (Intermediate to Advanced Go Books)
- Dragonstar: Players Companion
- Pathfinder Adventure Path: Carrion Crown Part 4 - Wake of the Watcher
- Pathfinder Player Companion: People of the North
- Hackmaster: The Hacklopedia of Beasts, Vol 8
Extra resources for Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Mythical Monsters Revisited
In a high-level game, multiple medusas attacking simultaneously constitute a legitimate threat, as they are immune to each other’s gazes, while PCs must continue to save every round for every medusa as long as they are within range. Their humanoid forms and ability to blend in with more mundane societies make medusas particularly viable monstrous candidates for adding class levels and developing interesting backstories. Medusas with class levels are excellent high-level opponents, especially as rogues who sneak attack enemies averting their gaze, or as foes with levels in a Charisma-based class such as bard, oracle, sorcerer, or cleric, since their higher ability scores and access to powerful magic items and spells make their Charisma-based gaze weapon even more potent.
Customers who pay adequate homage to a fortunetelling medusa are often rewarded with valuable advice, while those who either overtly or inadvertently insult such monstrous sages quickly f ind themselves among the numerous statues of previous insolent customers decorating the medusa’s parlor. Medusas can mate with any race capable of propagation with humans, though their children are always female and always carry their mother’s curse. A medusa typically chooses the finest breeding stock for her pleasures and for reproduction, manipulating her subjects with trickery and disguise while driving them into poverty with her incessant desires for expensive material goods.
In Ustalav, grave hydras are particularly prevalent, with one such being, dubbed Yargouth the Ebon Fury by the locals, having plagued the forests and groves of Varno for some time. The Ebon Fury is thought to enjoy the taste of undead in particular, and legend says that the foul slime it leaves in its wake causes the grass to wither into ash. Though few have ever even seen the beast—leading many to believe it nothing more than an urban legend—those who have claim that it resides in a sinkhole in the Forest of Veils to the west, and that its hair-raising howls can be heard at night in early autumn, especially when the Harvest Moon pours its ruby light over the rolling vales of the sleepy county.