By Y. Zotterman (Eds.)
Read Online or Download Olfaction and Taste. Proceedings of the First International Symposium Held at the Wenner–Gren Center, Stockholm, September 1962 PDF
Best international_1 books
This booklet constitutes the refereed court cases of the nineteenth overseas convention on Algorithmic studying concept, ALT 2008, held in Budapest, Hungary, in October 2008, co-located with the eleventh foreign convention on Discovery technological know-how, DS 2008. The 31 revised complete papers provided including the abstracts of five invited talks have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from forty six submissions.
This e-book constitutes the refereed lawsuits of the ninth foreign convention on details platforms safeguard, ICISS 2013, held in Kolkata, India, in December 2013. The 20 revised complete papers and six brief papers provided including three invited papers have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from eighty two submissions.
This ebook brings jointly a global selection of unique papers taking a look at the affects of the hot liberalization measures within the shipping zone. It features a variety of quarter experiences which specialize in the deregulation of nations corresponding to Switzerland and Australia in addition to the wider eu standpoint.
- CONCUR’99 Concurrency Theory: 10th International Conference Eindhoven, The Netherlands, August 24—27, 1999 Proceedings
- String Processing and Information Retrieval: 23rd International Symposium, SPIRE 2016, Beppu, Japan, October 18-20, 2016, Proceedings (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- Ricardo and the Gold Standard: The Foundations of the International Monetary Order
- Proceedings of the First International Scientific Conference “Intelligent Information Technologies for Industry” (IITI’16): Volume 2 (Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing)
- Open Source Systems: Integrating Communities: 12th IFIP WG 2.13 International Conference, OSS 2016, Gothenburg, Sweden, May 30 - June 2, 2016, Proceedings ... in Information and Communication Technology)
- Agents and Artificial Intelligence: 5th International Conference, ICAART 2013, Barcelona, Spain, February 15-18, 2013. Revised Selected Papers (Communications in Computer and Information Science)
Additional resources for Olfaction and Taste. Proceedings of the First International Symposium Held at the Wenner–Gren Center, Stockholm, September 1962
It is important to stress the significance of using very low stimulus intensities. 2 ml of odorized air lasting 1 sec with the syringe tip 3 cm from the mucosa will typically evoke a larger response from a unit that is sensitive to the particular odor. When stimulus strengths are so large that two successive puffs cause a decrement in the amplitude of the slow potential, the receptors will certainly be in either a generally irritable or a blocked state, and no longer odor-selective. The EOG or Ottoson potential was monitored by a micropipette filled with 3m KC1 touching the surface of the mucosa, usually at the top of the eminentia olfactoria.
C. GESTELAND AND OTHERS that whether a receptor responds or not depends on the relative occupa tion of the different sites, or on occupation of a minimum number of sites of more than one type. Some sites could be inhibitory, but it is not neces sary to postulate this in order to have a useful code without great numbers of different cell species. At present, the fourth receptor model seems the most compatible with our data, but we are in no position to settle the question yet. SUMMARY 1. A new recording technique that allows the action potentials of single primary olfactory receptors in the frog to be recorded extracellularly has been described.
Sweep lengths, 10 sec. 27 28 R. C. GESTELAND AND OTHERS FIG. 8. Two units show vigorous responses to ethyl butyrate and w-butanol. Vigorous response of a different larger unit and one of the smaller units to musk xylene. Weak response of the larger unit to geraniol. Sweep lengths, 10 sec. FIG. 9. Two units of different amplitude are active in these three traces. One responds to none of the three stimuli. The other responds vigorously to coumarin, and weakly or not at all to camphor and w-butanol.