By Niall O'Higgins
Find out how to leverage MongoDB along with your Python functions, utilizing the hands-on recipes during this e-book. You get entire code samples for initiatives reminiscent of making quick geo queries for location-based apps, successfully indexing your person files for social-graph lookups, and plenty of different scenarios.
This consultant explains the fundamentals of the document-oriented database and exhibits you the way to establish a Python surroundings with it. the right way to learn and write to MongoDB, observe idiomatic MongoDB and Python styles, and use the database with numerous well known Python net frameworks. You'll detect the right way to version your information, write potent queries, and keep away from concurrency difficulties akin to race stipulations and deadlocks.
The recipes can assist you:
*Read, write, count number, and kind files in a MongoDB collection
*Learn the way to use the wealthy MongoDB question language
*Maintain information integrity in replicated/distributed MongoDB environments
*Use embedding to successfully version your facts with no joins
*Code defensively to prevent keyerrors and different bugs
*Apply atomic operations to replace online game ratings, billing platforms, and extra with the short accounting pattern
*Use MongoDB with the Pylons 1.x, Django, and Pyramid
Read Online or Download MongoDB and Python: Patterns and Processes for the Popular Document-Oriented Database PDF
Best python books
Achieve a primary figuring out of Python's syntax and lines with the second one version of starting Python, an up–to–date advent and sensible reference. protecting a wide range of Python–related programming issues, together with addressing language internals, database integration, community programming, and net providers, you'll be guided by way of sound improvement rules.
Powerful, versatile, and simple to exploit, Python is a perfect language for development software program instruments and purposes for all times technological know-how examine and improvement. This distinct booklet exhibits you ways to software with Python, utilizing code examples taken at once from bioinformatics. very quickly, you'll be utilizing refined concepts and Python modules which are really potent for bioinformatics programming.
Bioinformatics Programming utilizing Python is ideal for an individual concerned with bioinformatics -- researchers, aid employees, scholars, and software program builders attracted to writing bioinformatics purposes. You'll locate it important no matter if you already use Python, write code in one other language, or haven't any programming adventure in any respect. It's a superb self-instruction device, in addition to a convenient reference whilst dealing with the demanding situations of real-life programming tasks.
* get to grips with Python's basics, together with how one can enhance uncomplicated functions
* use Python modules for development matching, established textual content processing, on-line facts retrieval, and database entry
* realize generalized styles that hide a wide share of the way Python code is utilized in bioinformatics
* methods to follow the rules and strategies of object-oriented programming
* enjoy the "tips and traps" part in each one bankruptcy
A absolutely Revised variation that includes New fabric on Coroutines, Debugging, trying out, Parsing, String Formatting, and extra
Python three is the simplest model of the language but: it really is extra robust, handy, constant, and expressive than ever prior to. Now, major Python programmer Mark Summerfield demonstrates tips to write code that takes complete good thing about Python 3's positive aspects and idioms. Programming in Python three, moment variation, brings jointly all of the wisdom you must write any software, use any usual or third-party Python three library, and create new library modules of your own.
Summerfield attracts on his a long time of Python event to percentage deep insights into Python three improvement you won't locate at any place else. He starts by way of illuminating Python's "beautiful heart": the 8 key components of Python you must write strong, high-performance courses. development on those middle components, he introduces new subject matters designed to reinforce your useful expertise-one thought and hands-on instance at a time. insurance comprises
* constructing in Python utilizing procedural, objectoriented, and sensible programming paradigms
* developing customized applications and modules
* Writing and studying binary, textual content, and XML documents, together with not obligatory compression, random entry, and textual content and XML parsing
* Leveraging complicated information forms, collections, regulate buildings, and capabilities
* Spreading software workloads throughout a number of approaches and threads
* Programming SQL databases and key--value DBM records
* Debugging techniques-and utilizing try out pushed improvement to prevent insects within the first position
* using Python's standard expression mini-language and module
* Parsing recommendations, together with tips on how to use the third-party PyParsing and PLY modules
* construction usable, effective, GUI-based functions
* complicated programming options, together with turbines, functionality and sophistication decorators, context managers, descriptors, summary base sessions, metaclasses, coroutines, and extra
Programming in Python three, moment version, serves as either instructional and language reference. It assumes a few past programming adventure, and is followed by means of vast downloadable instance code-all of it established with Python three on home windows, Linux, and Mac OS X. This version covers Python three. zero and three. 1, and thanks to the Python language moratorium it's also legitimate for Python three. 2 which has an identical language as Python three. 1.
- Python : penetration testing for developers
- Python Essentials - A Rapid Guide to the Fundamental Features of Python
- Learning Python: Powerful Object-Oriented Programming (4th Edition)
- Odoo Development Essentials
Extra resources for MongoDB and Python: Patterns and Processes for the Popular Document-Oriented Database
Writes of additional documents without a username property will raise an exception. If you try to add a unique index to a collection which already contains duplicates on the specified property, MongoDB will (unsurprisingly) raise an exception. However, if you don’t mind throwing away duplicate data, you can instruct MongoDB to drop all but the first document it finds using the dropDups or drop_dups parameter: # Create index with unique constraint on username property # instructing MongoDB to drop all duplicates after the first document it finds.
The Python dict class’ get method easily lets you specify a default value for a property should it be missing. Often it makes sense to use this defensively. For example, imagine we have a collection of user documents. Some users have a “score” property set to a number, while others do not. It would be safe to have a default fallback of zero (0) in the case that no score property is present. We can take a missing score to mean a zero score. get("score", 0) This approach can also work well when looping over embedded lists.
Thus it is easy to insert or update a numeric property with a value that is a string. The best way, of course, to avoid errors of this nature is to prevent the wrong type of data 38 | Chapter 3: Common MongoDB and Python Patterns ever being written to the database in the first place. Thus, in the context of a Web application, validating and/or coercing the types of any inputs to write queries before issuing them is strongly advised. You may consider using the FormEncode or Colander Python libraries to help with such validation.