By Walter Seiler
Read or Download Imonda, a Papuan language PDF
Best linguistics books
GET D! RTY
Next time you’re touring or simply chattin’ in French along with your neighbors, drop the textbook formality and bust out with expressions they by no means educate you at school, including:
•Explicit intercourse terms
•Raw swear words
Dirty French teaches the informal expressions heard on a daily basis at the streets of France:
•He's absolutely hot.
Il est un gravure de mode.
•That brie smells funky.
Ce brie despatched putain de drôle.
•I'm gonna get ripped!
Je vais me fracasser!
•I gotta piss.
Je dois pisser.
•The ref is fucking asshole.
L'arbitre est un gros enaelé!
•Wanna test doggy-style?
Veux-tu faire l'amour en levrette?
Submit yr notice: First released in 1985
David Crystal's A Dictionary of Linguistics and Phonetics has lengthy been the traditional single-volume reference for its box. Now to be had in its 6th version, it's been revised and up-to-date to mirror the newest phrases within the field.
• comprises in far more than 5,100 phrases, grouped into over 3,000 entries
• assurance displays concepts by means of a staff of specialists in phonetics, phonology, syntax, semantics, sociolinguistics and psycholinguistics, making it incredibly comprehensive
• contains new principles stemming from the minimalist program
• features a separate desk of abbreviations and desk of symbols, in addition to an up to date foreign Phonetic Alphabet
• Updates entries to mirror the way in which demonstrated phrases at the moment are perceived in mild of alterations within the box, offering a special perception into the old improvement of linguistics
• is still the traditional single-volume reference for the sphere of linguistics and phonetics.
Uploader be aware: this can be a reference consultant - you won't study Portuguese from this book.
Learn Portuguese In 21 DAYS!
In this booklet you'll find 21 highly-informative chapters at the basics of Portuguese grammar and conversation. each one bankruptcy is designed to supply self-learners a whole but compact studying fabric that may aid them converse the language conveniently in a truly couple of minutes. It addresses the desires of tourists, scholars, marketers, and pros for a grammar reference and word booklet in a single resource.
Each bankruptcy positive factors tables, charts, and correct examples to make studying the Portuguese language an enticing and stress-free experience.
The first eight chapters care for the fundamental issues each speaker may still recognize: the alphabet, pronunciation, numbers, months and days, seasons, telling time and date, shades, and easy survival words for buying round in a Portuguese-speaking country.
The succeeding chapters take care of the basic facets of grammar together with sentence building and the various elements of speech. The publication lands up with a bankruptcy on key trip words and a last bankruptcy of vocabulary listings for day-by-day conversations.
Language inexperienced persons will locate this e-book a useful reference for studying the ecu and the Brazilian branches of the Portuguese language.
Here is what you'll find inside:
• The Portuguese Alphabet
• Pronunciation Guide
• Greetings and simple Phrases
• Portuguese Numbers
• Months, Days, and Seasons
• Time and Date
• shades In Portuguese
• observe Order
• Capitalization And Punctuation
• Nouns And Pronouns
• Verbs, Adverbs And Prepositions
• valuable Phrases
• BONUS bankruptcy from "Spanish: study Spanish in 21 DAYS! – a pragmatic consultant To Make Spanish glance effortless! EVEN For Beginners"
• and masses, even more. ..
Download Your replica at once!
This quantity seeks to provide ‘Germanic philology’ with its major linguistic, literary and cultural subdivisions as an entire, and to name into query the ordinary pedagogical department of the self-discipline.
- Aristotle's Theory of Language and its Tradition: Texts from 500 to 1750 (Studies in the History of the Language Sciences, Volume 29)
- Fish! (Spanish Language Edition) (Spanish Edition)
- Lecciones para el Aprendizaje del Idioma Yaminahua (Documento de Trabajo 22)
- Aspects of Philosophical Logic: Some Logical Forays into Central Notions of Linguistics and Philosophy
Additional resources for Imonda, a Papuan language
35) ka uagl-kubui fe-fna go -INT &-PRO I was going a long way 1 Pete and kubui, when they determine a noun, designate prominence i f , and t h e They a r e a l s o used i n t h i s way with proper [ +countable 1 and b i g quantity i f [ -countable] i n t h e case of k u b u i opposite i n t h e case of pete. nouns : (36) Muit kubui NAM I N T big man M u i t The exception t o t h e above r u l e i s provided by t h e phrase id k u b u i a l o t of people/men, where k u b u i determines a p l u r a l count noun, i f indeed it i s a count noun.
4). Other polymorphemic time adverbs a r e : iau6-ia-m i au6-m i n earlier days later The morpheme iau6 occurs a s an independent time adverb m, a s indicated above. 3). 7. 1) empty h&d differently again often behind ka maim ha-pia -f 1 anyhow MO-come-PRS I am coming for no particular purpose (10) t6g5 151 - u thus talk-IW talk like this! Adverbs a r e formally distinguished from p a r t i c l e s by t h e i r a b i l i t y t o host a f f i x e s , a s pointed out above. 1): (11) t 6 g 5 - f l a fe-u thus-Ern do-IMP do i t Zike t h i s !
1 Interrogative adverbs There are Imonda does not possess any monomorphemic interrogative adverbs. two bound interrogative stems, which, with the relevant affixation, function as interrogative adverbials. 2 The interrogative stem ah ah i s a bound interrogative pronoun stem which, with case marking, forms s p e c i f i c interrogative adverbials. w i l l only give one example here: (2) ah-ia Q -LOC where ? 2. 4) t o form ah-sa-1 [ a s a l ] how and with tag6 thus t o form ah-tag6 [ a t u g g w y I.