By Justin Seitz
Python is quick turning into the programming language of selection for hackers, opposite engineers, and software program testers simply because it's effortless to write down quick, and it has the low-level aid and libraries that make hackers chuffed. yet formerly, there was no actual handbook on the best way to use Python for quite a few hacking initiatives. You needed to dig via discussion board posts and guy pages, without end tweaking your individual code to get every little thing operating. no longer anymore.
Gray Hat Python explains the strategies at the back of hacking instruments and strategies like debuggers, trojans, fuzzers, and emulators. yet writer Justin Seitz is going past concept, exhibiting you ways to harness present Python-based defense instruments - and the way to construct your individual whilst the pre-built ones won't minimize it.
You'll learn the way to:
* Automate tedious reversing and protection tasks
* layout and software your individual debugger
* the best way to fuzz home windows drivers and create robust fuzzers from scratch
* appreciate code and library injection, delicate and difficult hooking concepts, and different software program trickery
* Sniff safe site visitors out of an encrypted internet browser session
* Use PyDBG, Immunity Debugger, Sulley, IDAPython, PyEMU, and more
The world's most sensible hackers are utilizing Python to do their handiwork. Shouldn't you?
Read or Download Gray Hat Python: Python Programming for Hackers and Reverse Engineers PDF
Similar python books
Achieve a basic figuring out of Python's syntax and contours with the second one version of starting Python, an up–to–date creation and useful reference. protecting a big selection of Python–related programming issues, together with addressing language internals, database integration, community programming, and net prone, you'll be guided by means of sound improvement ideas.
Powerful, versatile, and simple to exploit, Python is a perfect language for development software program instruments and purposes for all times technology learn and improvement. This designated ebook exhibits you ways to software with Python, utilizing code examples taken at once from bioinformatics. very quickly, you'll be utilizing subtle options and Python modules which are quite powerful for bioinformatics programming.
Bioinformatics Programming utilizing Python is ideal for a person concerned with bioinformatics -- researchers, aid employees, scholars, and software program builders drawn to writing bioinformatics purposes. You'll locate it valuable no matter if you already use Python, write code in one other language, or don't have any programming adventure in any respect. It's a superb self-instruction device, in addition to a convenient reference whilst dealing with the demanding situations of real-life programming tasks.
* get to grips with Python's basics, together with how one can increase uncomplicated purposes
* how one can use Python modules for trend matching, dependent textual content processing, on-line information retrieval, and database entry
* notice generalized styles that hide a wide percentage of ways Python code is utilized in bioinformatics
* how you can practice the rules and methods of object-oriented programming
* enjoy the "tips and traps" part in each one bankruptcy
A totally Revised variation that includes New fabric on Coroutines, Debugging, checking out, Parsing, String Formatting, and extra
Python three is the simplest model of the language but: it really is extra robust, handy, constant, and expressive than ever ahead of. Now, prime Python programmer Mark Summerfield demonstrates find out how to write code that takes complete good thing about Python 3's gains and idioms. Programming in Python three, moment variation, brings jointly the entire wisdom you must write any application, use any typical or third-party Python three library, and create new library modules of your own.
Summerfield attracts on his a long time of Python event to percentage deep insights into Python three improvement you won't locate wherever else. He starts through illuminating Python's "beautiful heart": the 8 key parts of Python you want to write powerful, high-performance courses. construction on those center components, he introduces new themes designed to reinforce your sensible expertise-one suggestion and hands-on instance at a time. assurance comprises
* constructing in Python utilizing procedural, objectoriented, and useful programming paradigms
* developing customized programs and modules
* Writing and examining binary, textual content, and XML documents, together with non-compulsory compression, random entry, and textual content and XML parsing
* Leveraging complicated facts varieties, collections, keep watch over constructions, and capabilities
* Spreading application workloads throughout a number of tactics and threads
* Programming SQL databases and key--value DBM records
* Debugging techniques-and utilizing attempt pushed improvement to prevent insects within the first position
* using Python's general expression mini-language and module
* Parsing thoughts, together with find out how to use the third-party PyParsing and PLY modules
* development usable, effective, GUI-based purposes
* complex programming ideas, together with turbines, functionality and sophistication decorators, context managers, descriptors, summary base periods, metaclasses, coroutines, and extra
Programming in Python three, moment version, serves as either instructional and language reference. It assumes a few earlier programming adventure, and is observed via vast downloadable instance code-all of it confirmed with Python three on home windows, Linux, and Mac OS X. This version covers Python three. zero and three. 1, and because of the Python language moratorium it's also legitimate for Python three. 2 which has an analogous language as Python three. 1.
- OpenCV for Secret Agents
- Python Programming for Teens
- Learning QGIS (2nd Edition)
- Core Python Programming (2nd Edition)
Additional info for Gray Hat Python: Python Programming for Hackers and Reverse Engineers
Functions in Python are just like other variables and they be passed around as parameters to other functions if needed. Here we show a basic example of passing one function to another function. We’ll pass the multiply_nums function into the function below and then use it to perform some calculations. Listing 1-13. >>> def perform_math(oper): ... return oper(5, 6) ... >>> perform_math(multiply_nums) 30 Although this example is very basic, you can see that another function can be passed as a parameter and then used within another function.
Note that each set of statements within an if-elif-else statement must be indented with the conditional statement out-dented and the resulting set of statements indented. Remember, a consistent indentation must be followed throughout the course of the program. The if statement is a good example of how well the consistent use of indention helps readability of a program. If you are coding in Java for example, you can space the code however you’d like as long as you use the curly braces to enclose the statement.
18 CHAPTER 1 LANGUAGE AND SYNTAX While Loop The while loop construct is used in order to iterate through code based upon a provided conditional statement. As long as the condition is true, then the loop will continue to process. Once the condition evaluates to false, the looping ends. The pseudocode for while loop logic reads as follows: while True perform operation The loop begins with the declaration of the while and conditional expression, and it ends once the conditional has been met and the expression is True.