By Reinhard Tidecks
Ranging from the early experiments, this special presentation, containing greater than 500 references, presents a entire evaluation on current-induced nonequilibrium phenomena in quasi-one-dimensional superconductors, top the reader from the basics to the newest learn effects. Experiments on monocrystalline filaments (whiskers) - together with these bought via the writer - are in comparison with effects on lengthy skinny movie microbridges and comparable species and interpreted in the theoretical framework. directions on experimental suggestions are given and but unresolved difficulties are mentioned. The e-book is definitely acceptable as an advent for the amateur and as a instruction manual for the energetic researcher.
Read or Download Current-Induced Nonequilibrium Phenomena in Quasi-One-Dimensional Superconductors PDF
Best solid-state physics books
This article provides a whole account of electron concept in either periodic and nonperiodic metal platforms. The author's obtainable strategy makes it possible for comparisons with experimental effects up to attainable. The e-book starts off with the fundamentals of one-electron band idea and progresses to hide excessive Tc superconductors and quasicrystals.
This wide-ranging presentation of utilized superconductivity, from basics and fabrics correct as much as the main points of many purposes, is an important reference for physicists and engineers in educational examine in addition to in undefined. Readers trying to find a entire review on simple results regarding superconductivity and superconducting fabrics will extend their wisdom and knowing of either high and low Tc superconductors with admire to their software.
- Advances in Research, Edition: First Edition
- Surface and Interface Science, Volumes 1 and 2: Volume 1 - Concepts and Methods; Volume 2 - Properties of Elemental Surfaces
- Progress in Low Temperature Physics, Vol. 10
- Burgers-KPZ Turbulence: Göttingen Lectures (Lecture Notes in Mathematics)
- Diffusion and Reactivity of Solids
- Superconductivity in Nanowires: Fabrication and Quantum Transport
Extra resources for Current-Induced Nonequilibrium Phenomena in Quasi-One-Dimensional Superconductors
37 It is remarked that z~L governs the temporal behaviour of small changes of the magnitude of the order parameter (more precisely of I~1a) in the limit where its equilibrium value is zero. This limit is, for instance, realized in experiments dealing with the decay of thermal f l u c t u a t i o n s above the critical temperature. Thus, ~ is a gap relaxation time in the gapless limit (see c h a p t e r s 7 - 5 and 8 - 3 of ref. 2, refs. 8t, 87, and 88, and chap. 9 of the present work). The last c o n t r i b u t i o n in F depends on the kind of spatial dependence of the gap.
We evaluated 1/z E from eq. (88) for several materials as a function of 2. A p l o t of (ZE/ZECO)(s for Zn, Al, In, Sn, and Pb is given in the appendix, where we also tabulated ZEco for these materials. In all cases the qualitative behaviour is similar. First z~/z~co decreases significantly with decreasing s then it increases again for very short mean free paths. For Zn and Al this increase is very s t r o n g and occurs already for s between 10 nm and 1 nm. For Sn, In, and Pb, the increase becomes weaker and happens at mean free paths well below 1 nm.
5) of ref. 16 has been approximated. (67) of the p r e s e n t work [ s e e e q s . ( 4 6 ) and (48) of ref. 102]. Here, Nq is the quasiparticle density of s t a t e s . For E~ - it is N o/Nq ~ 1 and the f a c t o r b e c o m e s unimportant. in f r o m eq. 42z E. It is remarked t h a t for deriving eq. (70) a reduction of the energy gap due to a t r a n s p o r t c u r r e n t has not been considered: At the critical c u r r e n t o f a thin wire it is I~l/Id2ol = (2/3)1/% Since ~ ( r ) ~ A ( r ) , where /~(r) is the order p a r a m e t e r of the microscopic theoryE5], also I & ( r ) l is suppressed by a f a c t o r o f ( 2 / 3 ) 1/2 below its value IA0(r)l in the absence of c u r r e n t s and magnetic fields.