By Fernando Zúñiga (Ed.), Seppo Kittilä (Ed.)
Read or Download Benefactives and Malefactives: Typological Perspectives and Case Studies PDF
Best linguistics books
GET D! RTY
Next time you’re touring or simply chattin’ in French together with your pals, drop the textbook formality and bust out with expressions they by no means train you in class, including:
•Explicit intercourse terms
•Raw swear words
Dirty French teaches the informal expressions heard on a daily basis at the streets of France:
•He's absolutely hot.
Il est un gravure de mode.
•That brie smells funky.
Ce brie despatched putain de drôle.
•I'm gonna get ripped!
Je vais me fracasser!
•I gotta piss.
Je dois pisser.
•The ref is fucking asshole.
L'arbitre est un gros enaelé!
•Wanna test doggy-style?
Veux-tu faire l'amour en levrette?
Post yr observe: First released in 1985
David Crystal's A Dictionary of Linguistics and Phonetics has lengthy been the traditional single-volume reference for its box. Now on hand in its 6th variation, it's been revised and up-to-date to mirror the most recent phrases within the field.
• comprises in way over 5,100 phrases, grouped into over 3,000 entries
• assurance displays options by means of a staff of specialists in phonetics, phonology, syntax, semantics, sociolinguistics and psycholinguistics, making it enormously comprehensive
• comprises new principles stemming from the minimalist program
• encompasses a separate desk of abbreviations and desk of symbols, besides an up to date overseas Phonetic Alphabet
• Updates entries to mirror the best way proven phrases are actually perceived in gentle of alterations within the box, supplying a different perception into the old improvement of linguistics
• is still the normal single-volume reference for the sector of linguistics and phonetics.
Uploader word: this can be a reference consultant - you won't study Portuguese from this book.
Learn Portuguese In 21 DAYS!
In this e-book you will discover 21 highly-informative chapters at the basics of Portuguese grammar and communique. each one bankruptcy is designed to supply self-learners a whole but compact studying fabric that would aid them converse the language conveniently in a really little while. It addresses the wishes of tourists, scholars, marketers, and execs for a grammar reference and word booklet in a single resource.
Each bankruptcy positive factors tables, charts, and proper examples to make studying the Portuguese language an attractive and relaxing experience.
The first eight chapters take care of the elemental issues each speaker should still recognize: the alphabet, pronunciation, numbers, months and days, seasons, telling time and date, shades, and uncomplicated survival words for buying round in a Portuguese-speaking country.
The succeeding chapters care for the basic elements of grammar together with sentence development and the various components of speech. The booklet lands up with a bankruptcy on key go back and forth words and a last bankruptcy of vocabulary listings for day-by-day conversations.
Language inexperienced persons will locate this publication a useful reference for studying the ecu and the Brazilian branches of the Portuguese language.
Here is what you will discover inside:
• The Portuguese Alphabet
• Pronunciation Guide
• Greetings and easy Phrases
• Portuguese Numbers
• Months, Days, and Seasons
• Time and Date
• shades In Portuguese
• be aware Order
• Capitalization And Punctuation
• Nouns And Pronouns
• Verbs, Adverbs And Prepositions
• worthy Phrases
• BONUS bankruptcy from "Spanish: research Spanish in 21 DAYS! – a pragmatic consultant To Make Spanish glance effortless! EVEN For Beginners"
• and masses, even more. ..
Download Your replica straight away!
This quantity seeks to offer ‘Germanic philology’ with its major linguistic, literary and cultural subdivisions as a complete, and to name into query the regularly occurring pedagogical department of the self-discipline.
- Latitudes 3 (B1) - Cahier d'exercices
- 501 Grammar and Writing Questions, 3rd Edition (Skill Builders in Practice)
- An Introduction to English Morphology (Edinburgh Textbooks on the English Language)
- Advances in multi-photon processes and spectroscopy. Volume 15
Extra info for Benefactives and Malefactives: Typological Perspectives and Case Studies
9. Note that some Tibeto-Burman languages have BAPs of the serial type. This is consistent with the fact that the territory occupied by Tibeto-Burman languages overlaps with the South East Asian linguistic area, characterized by extensive use of SVCs in general, and of benefactive SVCs in particular. Denis Creissels (33) Pāli – Hendriksen (1944:134), quoted by Butt & Tantos (2004) … assamapadam» ānetvā aggim» katvā adāsi. ’ (34) Tamil – Krishnamurti (2003:376) Rājā kumār-ukkuk katav-ai tir ‒ant-u kozutt-ān ‒.
This distinguishes them from patients, and explains their identical coding (distinct from the marking of patients) attested in many languages. 6 In Finnish, the postposition vuoksi and also the postposition takia (both meaning ‘for’ and ‘because of ’) can express both notions: (44) Finnish a. Henkilö opettel-i suome-a yksilö-n vuoksi. ’ b. Jäätelö sul-i sähkökatko-n vuoksi. ’ In Tashelhiyt, the dative can mark beneficiaries, as in (45a) and also unintentional causers (“involuntary agents”, see Kittilä, to appear), as in (45b): (45) Tashelhiyt (Rapold, this volume) a.
Concerning the distinction between complex predicates of the serial type and the combination of a monoverbal predicate with an adposition, the uncontroversial cases of SVCs are those in which each of the verbs involved in the construction shows at least some of the inflectional variations characteristic of verb forms heading independent clauses. In such cases, it may happen that the verbs involved in a SVC show parallel inflection (if V1 and V2 show identical inflectional marks) or distributed inflection (if some of the inflectional marks characteristic of verbs heading independent clauses attach to V1, and some others, to V2).